Discover Global is excited to announce that we have purchased a 3D printer, which will enable us to provide additional valuable services to our customers. We now have the capability to prototype in a matter of hours, rather than days or weeks. This will speed up engineering development time drastically, allowing the production of high quality, dimensionally accurate parts in the shortest time possible. This means faster design to product release time!
The printer allows the capability to print a 12”x12”x18” build volume part, has dual extruders, enclosed build chamber with charcoal filtration, WiFi connectivity, a 5” touch screen interface, and a heated, self-compensating bed. Below are just a few of the major benefits of adding this technology to our capabilities…
- Time-to-Market: 3D printing allows ideas to develop faster than ever. Being able to 3D print a concept the same day it was designed shrinks a development process from what might have been months to a matter of days, helping companies stay one step ahead of the competition.
- Save Money: Prototyping injection mold tools and production runs are expensive investments. The 3D printing process allows the creation of parts and/or tools through additive manufacturing at rates much lower than traditional machining.
- Mitigate Risk: Being able to verify a design before investing in an expensive molding tool is worth its weight in 3D printed plastic, and then some. Printing a production-ready prototype builds confidence before making these large investments. It is far cheaper to 3D print a test prototype than to redesign or alter an existing mold.
- Clear Communication: Describing the product you are going to deliver is often misinterpreted since it leaves construction up to the imagination. A conceptual picture of the product is better than the description since getting to hold the tangible product-to-be, in hand, helps everyone to be on the same page.
- Feedback: With a prototype you can test the market by unveiling it at a trade-show, showing it to potential buyers. Getting buyers response to the product before it actually goes into production is a valuable way to verify the product has market potential.If you would like to learn more about Discover Global, or out 3D printing capabilities, please contact us at, email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Discover Global, LLC
550 W Pine Lake Road
North Lima, OH 44452